Should Auld Acquaintance Be Forgot

IMG_4678.JPG
Whether you rang in the new year with friends or fam, watched the ball drop at home in your PJs, or danced the night year away fuelled by endless cocktails, bubbly and hors d’oeuvres, one thing is for sure…

It’s 2015, y’all!!! Happy New Year to and yours!!!

As for moi, I said goodbye to last year and welcomed in the new one, in what can only be described as “mermaid sequins!”

IMG_4673-0.JPG
The second this dress from Rum + Coke dropped, I knew it had to be mine! I mean… It’s a sparkly, mermaid coloured, bodycon… Need I say more!?

IMG_4671.JPG

IMG_4670.JPG
I paired it with a jewelled clutch from Aldo, and pointy metallic pumps, because New Years Eve is the only holiday where glittery overkill is the name if the game.

IMG_4679.JPG
Sure, I ate way too many sausage rolls and May or may not have had to unzip before the end of the night… But hey, I wouldn’t have had at a had other way!

IMG_4680.JPG
So… Goodbye 2014, it’s been a slice! And, 2015… Come at me bro!!!

Dress, Rum + Coke – here
Clutch, Aldo – similar (different colour)

Laura (dusty_rose)
    Laura (dusty_rose)January 1, 2015 at 11:01 pm

Happy new year! Your dress is amazing.

• COMMENTS

FlightOfTheFatGirl (Cynthia)January 5, 2015 at 2:44 am

Thank you so much!!! Happy New Year to you too!!! <3

Abbi
    AbbiJanuary 2, 2015 at 12:08 pm

You definitely look like a sexy mermaid! My New Years Eve was all about the PJs and Lord of the Rings. Lol!

• COMMENTS

FlightOfTheFatGirl (Cynthia)January 5, 2015 at 2:46 am

Thanksss!!! Sexy mermaid, I dig it! 😉 And too funny!!! I saw the new Hobbit movie over the holidays, and rewatched some LOTR too!!! #thatgeeklife <3

Wicked Emerald
    Wicked EmeraldJanuary 2, 2015 at 6:14 pm

Eyepopping – gorgeous; you accessorized perfectly!
    Same New Year’s Eve as Abbi; PJ’s and LoTR. Mind you, stylish PJ’s…Elmo jammies with feet.

• COMMENTS

FlightOfTheFatGirl (Cynthia)January 5, 2015 at 2:48 am

Thanks sooo much!!! And yeahhh!!! Elmo jammies!!! Lovvve!!! Lord of the Rings seemed to be a theme for everyone this holiday season! Hehee!

ly
    lyJanuary 2, 2015 at 10:56 pm

Ahhhh! I love this dress so much. I’m about to click on the link & I’m praying the deliver to uk & I can afford it. Just discovered you & loving your blog.

• COMMENTS

FlightOfTheFatGirl (Cynthia)January 5, 2015 at 2:49 am

Oooh! Thanksss! And glad you like!! Let me know if you got the dress!!! ;);)

margotmeanie
    margotmeanieJanuary 11, 2015 at 1:24 am

Oh my gawd, I LOVE it!! This is superbly fab!

I rang in the new year wearing sequins too, but didn’t get any properly lit photos. Mine was an all black sequins shift by Junarose! Heavenly!

Happy 2015!