Celebrating In Yellow Tweed

So, as many of you already know, yesterday was my 32nd birthday!!! Yay!!!

It was also the day that launched the Flight of the Fat Girl YouTube channel, where I will touch base with you in weekly (if not more often) videos, in all my awkward, on-camera glory!!! Yayyy… I think… Ha!

No fashionista’s birthday would be complete without a birthday outfit, so to celebrate I wore this gorgeous, cropped, mustard colour, tweed jacket from Elvi.

IMG_2836.JPG

IMG_2834.JPG
If you’ve never shopped at Elvi, you NEED to start!!! I am totally in love with everything they have to offer – the definition of class and elegance.

IMG_2837.JPG
I can’t get enough of this jacket’s classic lines, rich yellow color, and how comfortable and versatile it is. Its sophisticated silhouette is an asset to any plus size wardrobe, and its satiny lining feels luxurious, and slips beautifully over anything from bare arms to cotton sleeves; like those of my pretty, eShakti, navy and yellow dress!

IMG_2838.JPG

IMG_2844.JPG

IMG_2841.JPG
Paired with an elegant nude patent pump, a stunning handmade African necklace, a wooden, beaded bracelet from a local market in Haiti, and a great, minimalist clutch from Forever 21 – I was ready for the birthday celebrations to begin!

IMG_2843.JPG

IMG_2854.JPG
Don’t forget to check out my first YouTube video, and to subscribe to my channel; and be sure to visit elvi.co.uk to browse their fabulously chic clothing line!

Jacket, Elvi – here
Dress, eShakti – similar
Shoes, Payless – here
Clutch, Forever 21 – here

Crystal
    CrystalNovember 4, 2014 at 11:44 pm

LOVE that jacket! ELVi is great!! I love the dress to – what a beautiful color combo that pops against the darkening background. Class act all the way around. <3 <3

• COMMENTS

FlightOfTheFatGirl (Cynthia)November 4, 2014 at 11:45 pm

Thank you so much!!! ???

Soul Genius
    Soul GeniusNovember 5, 2014 at 12:06 am

You are sooooo adorable in your video!!

• COMMENTS

FlightOfTheFatGirl (Cynthia)November 5, 2014 at 12:08 am

Hahaaa! If by ‘adorable’ you mean awkward and dorky, then yes. Yes I am. lollll (Thanks!!! Heheee! ?)

• COMMENTS

Soul Genius
        Soul GeniusNovember 5, 2014 at 12:10 am

Ha ha! No I mean adorable and I love your accent. ALSO, just read your feature in the Montreal Gazette! I am super super proud for you. There’s a blogger I follow named Chastity Garner; totally in love with her stuff. YOU are the only other plus size blogger that I love equally as much. Lol that is a huge compliment to you just so you know! Keep up the good work.

• COMMENTS

FlightOfTheFatGirl (Cynthia)November 5, 2014 at 12:17 am

Awww, lol, you’re so sweet! ? Thank you so much for your kind words!!! I LOVE Chastity Garner too!!! She’s amazing and so beautiful!!! It’s an honour beinh placed in the same category as her! ???

Janet
    JanetNovember 6, 2014 at 4:22 am

You are a great inspiration. Love the colours.

• COMMENTS

FlightOfTheFatGirl (Cynthia)November 6, 2014 at 4:27 am

Thank you so much! ?

Sara
    SaraNovember 7, 2014 at 8:37 pm

Happy belated birthday! You and your outfit are stunning.

I discovered your blog through the Gazette article and have spent a ridiculous amount of time going through it. It’s truly opened my eyes to a whole new way of dressing and nudged me towards body acceptance in a way I never knew possible. Thank you for that.

• COMMENTS

FlightOfTheFatGirl (Cynthia)November 7, 2014 at 8:40 pm

Woww!!! Thanks so much for your comment!!! I’m so thrilled that you discovered my blog and that it’s got you feeling inspired! That’s the reason I started, and it warms my heart to know that I can help people on their journey to body acceptance!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂

• COMMENTS

FlightOfTheFatGirl (Cynthia)November 7, 2014 at 8:41 pm

Oh, and thank you for the kind birthday wishes! 😉