Thankful For Plaid

It’s officially thanksgiving weekend and I’ve been trying to get this post out all week, I swear!!!

First, the day I was supposed to do my shoot, my bestie gave birth to a beautiful baby boy (Yay!!!) annnd then I dropped my phone in the bathtub while attempting to shave my legs and binge watch Vampire Diaries at the same time (Damn you, Damon!!!). So, just add those to my list of excuses for why I don’t get posts out on time… *sigh*

IMG_0153.JPG
Aaaaanyway, I’m super excited to finally show off this fabulous, pixelated plaid, bodycon from Toronto based, Voluptuous Clothing!!! I first saw it, worn to perfection by the stunning Fluvia Lacerda, and featured on the cover of the Fall Fashion issue of DARE Mag and fell in love! It’s the absolute perfect autumn dress, with a classic, curve hugging silhouette and this fall’s hot plaid trend, which I just can’t get enough of!

IMG_0144.JPG

IMG_0143.JPG

IMG_0146-2.JPG
I’ve paired it with these incredibly cool, wide calf, thigh high boots from SexyPlus Clothing (Yasss!!!), another Canadian owned business (Whoop whoop!!!) and this stunning leather and bronze, handcrafted, African statement necklace, by Montreal Jewelry Designer, Djénéba Daou, for a chic fall look that works for anything from work, to turkey dinner with the fam!!!

IMG_0142-0.JPG

IMG_0151.JPG
Happy Thanksgiving, boos!!!

IMG_0141.JPG
Dress, Voluptuous Clothing – similar bodycon silhouette
Boots, SexyPlus Clothing – here
Necklace, La Caverne de Djénéba – more one of a kind pieces available soon on Instagram

Cindy @ Our Shabby Nest
    Cindy @ Our Shabby NestOctober 11, 2014 at 8:54 pm

I love it! It still hasn’t cooled down enough here on the Oregon coast for me to dig out my fall & winter wardrobe… I have some boots just like yours (but knee high) that are calling my name now!

• COMMENTS

FlightOfTheFatGirl (Cynthia)October 11, 2014 at 8:58 pm

Thanks!!! Don’t we always just spend our lives wishing it would either be warmer or cooler? lolll ? Hopefully it cools off soon for you in Oregon, so you can break out those boots!!!

• COMMENTS

Spartan
      SpartanApril 21, 2016 at 3:30 am

Can I see ur boots please?

Abbi
    AbbiOctober 12, 2014 at 9:31 pm

Love a bit of plaid. You look hot!

• COMMENTS

FlightOfTheFatGirl (Cynthia)October 13, 2014 at 3:07 am

Thank you, hun!!! ??????

Sarah
    SarahJanuary 4, 2015 at 6:15 pm

This is a gorgeous dress and I love those boots! I just recently found your blog and have been quietly stalking and reading all your posts. You have a great attitude and I love the confidence you have in yourself. You have definitely helped me start seeing my fluffy self in new ways!

• COMMENTS

FlightOfTheFatGirl (Cynthia)January 5, 2015 at 2:51 am

Aww, thanks so much!!! Stalk away, by all means!!! 😉 I’m so glad to have helped you view yourself more positively!!! Keep up the self love!!! Happy New Year, and thank you so much for this amazing comment! <3<3

Trackbacks & Pingbacks

1. […] dress from Voluptuous not too long ago, which I’m sure many of you will remember from my blog post, and I adored it so much that I knew I couldn’t leave the store empty […]